- About Us
- Our Services
- Health Resources
- News & Multimedia
- Contact Us
Search this website
Find more information, resources and news about mental health issues in our Information Library.
Mental Health Topics
Addictions: Alcohol and Substance Abuse People who become addicted to alcohol/drugs are gradually introduced and desensitized to them over a period of time.
Anxiety Disorders In this topic center you'll find information on the Anxiety Disorders, including phobia (social anxiety, agoraphobia, etc.), panic disorder, generalized anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, and obsessive compulsive disorder.
Depression: Major Depression & Unipolar Varieties This topic center is a comprehensive overview of the unipolar mood disorders with an emphasis on the causes of and treatments for depression.
Our Online Therapy service offers therapy at lower cost, greater convenience and with added privacy.
In addition to Health Directions’ in-person counseling and therapy services, online therapy and counseling is now being offered.
Using a new and advanced online software platform, Health Directions gives clients the ability to engage in online therapy sessions with a counselor over the internet, using a webcam and a computer.
The online therapy session is provided live and face-to-face from the privacy of your own home or office. The way it works is the individual and the counselor connect online at the designated appointment time and the session is conducted the same as a traditional in-person counseling session
Benefits of Using Online Therapy
- Online therapy services enable individuals to receive counseling/therapy without the travel and wait time.
- Online therapy can be done in the comfort and privacy of your own home or office, or anywhere that an individual can receive an internet broadband connection.
- The only equipment needed to receive online therapy is a desktop or laptop computer, with a broadband internet connection and an inexpensive webcam and set of earphones.
- Online therapy is delivered at a lower cost to the consumer and studies comparing online counseling to in-person counseling sessions have shown the benefits to be equivalent.
Online therapy is available for anxiety, depression, substance use/addictions, and other emotional health issues.
Online Therapy Pricing
Online therapy differs from traditional in person sessions in regard to session time offered and price.
- Per 1/2 hour session: $35.00
- Per hour session: $70.00
Online services are sometimes covered by insurance, but check with your insurer about coverage for either in person or online mental health or addiction services. If you have other insurance coverage questions, please contact us.
Health Directions’ Online services adhere to the following documents within both its clinical and operational practices of telemental health services. These guidelines are designed to aid in the development and practice of coherent, effective, safe and sustainable telemental health practice. These documents have been published by the ATA and include the following: